Do you own a website with an active flow of traffic? The chances are that you might be a bit frustrated and looking for better options than shared hosting. If this sounds relatable, then you are in for a treat.
In this blog post, I’ll be talking about one of the top players in Linux VPS web host provider.
When you consider blogging, shared hosting is no doubt the most popular choice of bloggers. Even me, I’ve hosted many of my blogs on shared hosts. The reason behind this is low price and easy management. No geeky knowledge needed!
But, at the same time, I have to compromise on resources. In shared hosting, resources are shared among many different websites. When a massive flow of traffic comes to the blog, most of the shared hosts break or make your site load slow.
Due to this, a lot of webmasters consider VPS instead of shared hosting. VPS not only makes website loads fast but also makes it secure.
Apart from this, many businesses also consider using cloud servers. The USP of cloud servers is that you don’t have a specific limit on resources.
Your website is handled by a bunch of servers, which definitely make it smooth and fast. If you are making up your mind for a Linux VPS, this post will definitely help you in decision making.
As your online business grows, your site’s resource requirement also grows which in most cases shared hosting won’t be able to handle. At this time, if you don’t upgrade your server, your website’s performance would inevitably get compromised.
Apart from this, if you need any custom apps to be installed on your server, but can’t afford a dedicated physical server, you can consider going for a VPS.
Check the salient features of the Linux VPS hosting service of Host1Plus!
- KVM: This is something that will make your server quite strong. It allows you to independently host your node. KVM helps to make your website more secure and fast.
- You don’t get to be bounded by the size of your server. You can upgrade or downgrade your resources as per your requirements from your client area. If you feel like you use up your resources away too early, or if you think you don’t need the package that you are currently using, you can customize it from your dashboard.
- A lot of bloggers fear from upgrading to VPS due to the fact it is hard to manage because it has all sorts of stuff such as the terminal that needs to be configured. For a non-techy person, all this sounds like a nightmare. But thanks to the simple and sleek control panel, managing everything is quite simple.
- When I make a decision about web hosting, I put two factors first in my list of priorities; they are support and locations. Locations where the host has the data centers. In both of these things, Host1Plus does a great job. Talking about locations, in particular, this host has data centers in several countries which mean that your site would be loading at a good speed without any glitch. When there is a request made from your site to the host, it goes to the nearest server location instead of going to the main data center which may be far from your location. More the distance, slower the loading time. As Host1Plus has multiple data centers in various countries, the requests made by a user goes to the nearest data center which processes the request quickly because of less distance. Thus, site loads faster.
The second thing, i.e. Support, this host does a great job. Although, you won’t be running to the support team once your site is setup. But, you might need them while setting up your website and configuring things, and they will always have your back. Excellent support they have!
- Free backup, Powerful API, Full root access, IPv6 support, and 10G network are the exciting features of Host1plus’s Linux hosting service.
The Plan includes
- Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 processors
- DDR4 error-correcting-code RAM
- Up to 32 IPv4 addresses
- KVM virtualization technology
- IPv6 support
- 10G network
- 1 free backup
- 1 free IPv4
At last, when we make a decision about purchasing anything, pricing plays a crucial role. It seems like Host1Plus understands this fact quite well because their packages are affordable. Their base packages are almost equal to a shared hosting package.
From the table above you can see their price breakdown and resource allocation. All you need to do is to figure out how many resources you would need for your business. Once that is done, you can quickly get started.
The company also offers a discount on long-term partnerships. For example, if you renew hosting for more than 1 year, you can get discounts. They offer up to 20% discount to those who book for long term projects.
You also get to choose between two hypervisors, linux OpenVZ, and Linux KVM. Their features and specifications are mentioned on this page. You can also compare their features from the table. With no doubt, Linux KVM has several features which are not present in the first one.
There are several reasons why I’d like to suggest Host1Plus as a host for your online business/blog. The main reasons include their top notch servers, support, widespread data centers and their affordable pricing.
One more thing I am the big fan of Host1Plus because they don’t degrade their quality for discounts and cheap pricing. The quality remains the same; however, they’ve reduced the pricing (In order to gain new customers).
They also have quite simple documentation which will explain you various things and how to guides of the server. Also, custom ISO installation too is quite easy on Host1Plus.
Overall, it’s a great deal for anyone who is looking forward to upgrading to VPS from shared or even start a website on VPS.
So, which one are you going to pick up, Linux OpenVZ or the Linux KVM.
I would recommend going for Linux KVM option!